Following a few simple guidelines when planning your mailing database can expedite your mailing to ensure prompt processing and delivery.
At Universal, we take pride in the fact that we can convert many types of database formats, but here are a few tips to help you avoid more costly conversions, and possible data corruption.
- Avoid word processing programs, such as "Word" and "WordPerfect" - they limit flexibility. Do use database programs, such as Access, dBase, FoxPro, etc.
- For a quick and easy database, Excel and other spreadsheet programs can be used - field the data and be sure to assign zip code fields as text.
- Avoid excessively long fields - average address lines should not exceed 45 to 50 characters.
- Field data into small units.
- Use legitimate USPS State Codes - these are codes, not abbreviations - no need to use punctuation.
- Use correct street suffixes, directionals and unit indicators.